facebook twetter twetter twetter
Amazing story in the Bible and the Quran - منتديات الهدى
  • تطبيق البحث في القرآن الكريم مع التصفح وتفسير الآيات القرآنية المتشابهة بأسلوب واضح ومفهوم للجميع من كتاب تفسير المتشابه من القرآن.
  • اثبات عدم وجود ناسخ ومنسوخ في القران الكريم
  • وقت الافطار الحقيقي في شهر رمضان على ضوء القران الكريم
+ إنشاء موضوع جديد
النتائج 1 إلى 10 من 10

المشاهدات : 54171 الردود: 9 الموضوع: Amazing story in the Bible and the Quran

مشرف عام
    رقم العضوية : 4
    تاريخ التسجيل : Sep 2010
    المشاركات : 1,581
    التقييم: 195

Amazing story in the Bible and the Quran

It is the story of Balaam son of Beor; this worshiper who deteriorated and declined to become a disobedient of God, after worshiping God for 1000 months (which may equal about 80 years

He was in the land of Moab, in the time of Prophet Joshua
    It is mentioned in the Quran as a parable and example to the Jews at the time of Prophet Mohammed .. this parable extends till the present time

The parable of the dog which keeps barking at you whether you attack so as to beat it, or you leave it

توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The implication of this great parable in the Quran about Balaam son of Beor, which God - be glorified - gave as a parable about the Jews in the time of Prophet Mohammed, who opposed him instead of supporting him, in spite of that he confirmed their prophets, and their book, and in spite of that he fought the idolatry and paganism, and although he did not started any hurt or offense to them

This parable has been applied practically with the Zionists and their opposing me when I cite any part of the Quran or the Islam religion, whether the topic concerns them or not; in either case they bark at me

Quran 7: 175-176, which mean(175. And recite to the [Jews] a the story of [Balaam] to whom We gave Our signs, but he was stripped off them b, and Satan pursued him c, so he became one of those who beguile. d

176. Had We pleased We would have raised him up [to Paradise] e because of that [: his piety and worship]; but he inclined to [stay on] the earth f, and followed his [own vain] desires g.

Therefore, his likeness h was as the likeness of a dog, which if you attack i, it barks, and it barks [too] if you leave it be.

Such is the likeness of those who disbelieve in Our signs [of revelation.j]
    So relate [these] stories that they may reflect k.

177. Evil as an example [are Jews and their following the example of Balaam, and evil as an example also were] the people [before them] who denied Our revelations, and in fact they used to wrong their own souls. l)

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_175
    توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    More explanation of these Quran ayat

It means: O Mohammed, recite to the Jews the story of the past men written in their Torah, in order that they may reason and take the lesson and be not like them so they will lose; one of such stories is the story of Balaam, son of Beor

He was a scholar, and worshiper whose prayer was answered whenever he prayed; he was in the time of Joshua

The story of Balaam is written in the Book of Numbers, chapter 22

================================================== ==

So Balaam preferred the staying on earth to the going up to heaven, and preferred the temporary money to the ever-lasting prosperity in heaven because of his disobedience

His soul deceived him to invoke destruction for the Children of Israel, in spite of that they did not hurt him neither did they speak against him any bad words

So likewise, you Jews, started to hurt and oppose Mohammed, in spite of that he did not hurt you with anything, but he in fact believed your Book and confirmed your religion

توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The story of Balaam in summary as written in the Book of Numbers, chapter 22"When the Israelites set forth aiming at Jordan, Balak son of Zippor king of Moab gathered the chiefs of Midian and said to them: "The Israelites have come to our home, and will not leave for us any food or drink because of their large number so we will die from starvation. Therefore, go to Balaam, speak to him and bring him to invoke evil and curse the Israelites, in order that we may defeat them and they may return back and leave our country

He also sent with them gifts and presents to him

So they went to Balaam and spoke to him about that and presented to him the gifts

Balaam said: "Pass this night here, till I should see what I shall do

So God revealed to him in the dream during sleep: Don't do that and never invoke evil on the Israelites

Therefore, next morning he said to them: "I will not go with you, because God forbade me from that

So they started to beg him and said to him: "Go with us to Midian to the king, and there if you like to pray or not; it will be up to you

And he went with them on his female mule which stopped moving in the middle of their journey, so he beat it but it did not move, and he shouted to it but it stood still there, therefore, he dismounted it and started to beat it severely, and it spoke by God's might and said: "There is an angel before me who forbids me from moving, while you order me to move

Therefore, he left it and moved along with them until they reached to King Balak who welcomed and honored him and asked him to invoke destruction for the Israelites

Balaam said: "I shall not do this, because God forbade me in the dream

The king said: "It may be a false dream

And he started to beg him and give him the presents and the money until he seduced him

So they climbed a mountain, gave sacrifices to God, and Balaam prayed, but his tongue started to pray evil and curse on the people of the king, because he could not control his tongue. The king cried and clapped his hands and said: "What are you doing? And what are you saying? You have prayed evil on us and have cursed us

Balaam said: "Didn't I tell you that I cannot do anything according to my will? Because God – be glorified – took away my control on my tongue which uttered words out of my will
    The king said: "What shall we do now

Balaam said: "Let us go to another mountain and sacrifice to God, and I will pray God once again." So he did as such, and also he did not succeed in that, but his tongue started also to invoke evil on the people of the king and curse them, and to praise the Israelites and bless them
    The king cried, smote his face, tore his garments and said: "What have you done? You have destroyed and cursed us
    Balaam said: "Let us go to a third mountain." So they went, and he also invoked evil on the people of the king

Then when Balaam saw that his plan did not succeed, he thought of another plan, and he said to King Balak: "Bring your beautiful women and let them carry dishes of fruits and go to the Israelites to sell them fruits; and if anyone of the Israelites wants to contact any woman sexually, then let her not refuse, so if one of them commits adultery, then God – be glorified – will send down on them the plague and they will perish

Therefore, they did that, and their design succeeded

So this is the meaning of (so he became one of those who beguile); it means: after being pious forbidding the indecency, he became disobedient and a deceiver and he started to enjoin indecency

توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The story of Balaam in summary as written in the Book of Numbers, chapter 22
    When the Israelites set forth aiming at Jordan, Balak son of Zippor king of Moab gathered the chiefs of Midian and said to them: "The Israelite have come to our home, and will not leave for us any food or drink because of their large number so we will die from starvation. Therefore, go to Balaam, speak to him and bring him to invoke evil and curse the Israelite, in order that we may defeat them and they may return back and leave our country

He also sent with them gifts and presents to him

So they went to Balaam and spoke to him about that and presented to him the gifts

Balaam said: "Pass this night here, till I should see what I shall do

So God revealed to him in the dream during sleep: Don't do that and never invoke evil on the Israelites

Therefore, next morning he said to them: "I will not go with you, because God forbade me from that

So they started to beg him and said to him: "Go with us to Midian to the king, and there if you like to pray or not; it will be up to you

And he went with them on his female mule which stopped moving in the middle of their journey, so he beat it but it did not move, and he shouted to it but it stood still there, therefore, he dismounted it and started to beat it severely, and it spoke by God's might and said: "There is an angel before me who forbids me from moving, while you order me to move

Therefore, he left it and moved along with them until they reached to King Balak who welcomed and honored him and asked him to invoke destruction for the Israelite

Balaam said: "I shall not do this, because God forbade me in the dream

The king said: "It may be a false dream

And he started to beg him and give him the presents and the money until he seduced him

So they climbed a mountain, gave sacrifices to God, and Balaam prayed, but his tongue started to pray evil and curse on the people of the king, because he could not control his tongue. The king cried and clapped his hands and said: "What are you doing? And what are you saying? You have prayed evil on us and have cursed us

Balaam said: "Didn't I tell you that I cannot do anything according to my will? Because God – be glorified – took away my control on my tongue which uttered words out of my will
    The king said: "What shall we do now

Balaam said: "Let us go to another mountain and sacrifice to God, and I will pray God once again." So he did as such, and also he did not succeed in that, but his tongue started also to invoke evil on the people of the king and curse them, and to praise the Israelites and bless them
    The king cried, smote his face, tore his garments and said: "What have you done? You have destroyed and cursed us
    Balaam said: "Let us go to a third mountain." So they went, and he also invoked evil on the people of the king

Then when Balaam saw that his plan did not succeed, he thought of another plan, and he said to King Balak: "Bring your beautiful women and let them carry dishes of fruits and go to the Israelites to sell them fruits; and if anyone of the Israelites wants to contact any woman sexually, then let her not refuse, so if one of them commits adultery, then God – be glorified – will send down on them the plague and they will perish

Therefore, they did that, and their design succeeded

So this is the meaning of (so he became one of those who beguile); it means: after being pious forbidding the indecency, he became disobedient and a deceiver and he started to enjoin indecency

توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The implication of this parable
    O Jews, don't be like Balaam so you deceive people and bar them from believing in a prophet [Mohammed] who invites them to worship God alone and forbids them from worshiping the idols

توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The parable of Balaam and King Balaq

Quran 59: 16-17, which mean
    [God – be glorified – gave a parable about the hypocrites who covenanted to help and support the Jews -- against Prophet Mohammed and the believers -- , but they broke their covenant, and He said:]

(16. Like the devil m when he said to man n: "Be ungrateful [to the grace of your Lord! o]"

Then when [Balaam] became a disbeliever
    p, [King Balaq] said: "I am quit of you q; for surely I fear [that] God, the Lord of the worlds [may punish me r.]"

17. So their end is, both [the king and Balaam] are in the Fire, therein dwelling forever; such is
    the rewarding of wrong-doers s

.................................................. .........

16 m i.e. their likeness is like Balaq son of Zippor, the king of Moab, who was a human devil; he deceived Balaam son of Beor, the worshipper.

n Balaam son of Beor, the worshipper

16 o And pray God for destruction of the Children of Israel

It means: He invited him to an act including the disobedience of God’s command, then when he obeyed the command of the king and disobeyed the command of God, he became a disbeliever and ungrateful

16 p And the Children of Israel came to fight them and defeat them, Balaam came to the king seeking about his protection and to rescue him from the Children of Israel and save him from the killing

16 q Because you did not avert the might of the Children of Israel from me, neither did you guide me to the right and to the submission to them and to make peace with them; so that we might have been safe of the killing in the life of the World and from the punishment in the Next Life, had you guided me to the monotheism and to worship God alone

16 r On account of what I did

Afterwards, the Children of Israel captured and killed them both

17 s Who wrong and deceive people with their lies and deception, and who lead them to destruction

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/59.htm#a59_16
    توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    The story of Balaam is cited also in another aya of the Quran 97: 1-3, which mean:

(1. Surely We revealed it on the ‘Grand Night’ a.

2. But can you imagine what the ‘Grand Night’ is? b

3. [To worship God on] the ‘Grand Night’ c is better than [Balaam's d worshiping of God that lasted] one thousand months [then he disobeyed Him.])
    .................................................. .......................

1 a Which is the 27th Night of the lunar month of Ramadan.
    The meaning: Its revelation was commenced in the ‘Grand Night’.

2 b This is to point out to its high value.

3 c i.e. to keep vigil on this night for worshipping God, for prayers and glorification of God is better than the worship of a worshipper who worshipped God for one thousand months then he disobeyed Him; this worshipper was Balaam, son of Beor.

3 d He was Balaam, the son of Beor. [Refer also to our interpretation of the Quran 7: 175-
    177 and 59: 16

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/97.htm#a97_1
    توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    Moreover, the mule of Balaam which spoke, by God's might, is cited in the Quran 27: 82, which means:

(And when the word [of punishment] was pronounced against them a, We brought for them a beast from the earth, which spoke to them that people had not believed [before] in Our signs. b)
    .................................................. ...............

82 a i.e. the associaters: the companions of King Balak, to leave Balaam be and do not task him to pray against the Children of Israel, but they did not leave him be, but insisted on him to go with them, and so he went with them.

And then We brought for them a beast from the earth, i.e. from the land of Pethor, in order that Balaam ride on it and go to Midian to King Balak. But midway the beast spoke and started to talk to them and prevent Balaam from going with them. But neither did Balaam act according to its words, nor did the companions of Balak refrained from their demand, until they reached Midian and met King Balak, and Balaam complied with the words of King Balak.

82 b Even if they see such signs with their own eyes and hear them with their own ears.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/27.htm#a27_82
    توقيع إبن سينا

مشرف عام
    My comment on the story of Balaam and King Balak of Moab:

What made Balaam the worshiper slip from his high rank of worship and that God gave him miraculous signs: whenever he prayed, God answered his prayer, and his tongue was not under his own control, but speaks according to God's will!
    Moreover, he worshiped God for tens of years (1000 months), then he fell down with such bad fall!

So he was poor, and all of a sudden, jewels and gold was given to him.. this the deception of wealth! What would he benefit from the money, and he was an old man .. about to die this day or tomorrow?
    Or was he afraid of the king of Moab and his men? No, he could have apologized and said: "This is out of my control."

Another point: he might have the grandiose feeling or the Ego: he saw himself that God answered his prayer and he worshiped God for a long time... then all of a sudden Joshua came with his people and they were honored more than he was honored or like his honor!?

Anyhow, he was unlucky, and all his work turn to be in vain, and he lost his reward and went to Hell following his death.

So in this respect, he was similar to Satan, who worshiped God for hundreds of years in his material life of the World, then when he died he became a chief of the angels .. so he had the self-conceit and pride .. and could not imagine that Adam might be honored over him!

Quran 15: 33, which means:
    ([Iblies] said: "I am not to prostrate myself to a human being whom You create out of a black putrid clay.")

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/15.htm#a15_33
    توقيع إبن سينا

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

| الكتب بالعربي | Man after Death | An Hour with Ghosts | The Universe and the Quran | The Conflict between the Torah and the Quran | الخلاف بين التوراة و القرآن   | الكون والقرآن | اسلام   | المتشابه من القرآن | تفسير القرآن الكريم    | ساعة قضيتها مع الأرواح | الأنسان بعد الموت | الرد على الملحدين | موقع الهدى للقران الكريم    | محمد علي حسن الحلي حياته ومؤلفاته